As daylight savings approaches in Victoria, it’s time to get ready for that annual clock adjustment.
Here’s a quick rundown of what you need to keep in mind:
1. Date and Time Change:Daylight savings typically starts on the first Sunday of October, which means it’s time to set your clocks forward one hour at 2:00 AM. So, on that day, it becomes 3:00 AM.
2. Enjoy Longer Evenings:While it might feel like losing an hour of sleep, daylight savings brings longer evenings, allowing you to make the most of the extended daylight hours.
3. Check Your Devices:Don’t forget to update the time on your various devices like smartphones, tablets, and clocks around the house to ensure you stay on schedule.
4. Outdoor Activities:With more daylight in the evenings, it’s the perfect opportunity to enjoy outdoor activities, whether it’s a family picnic, a hike, or a leisurely walk in the park.
5. Be Mindful of Adjustments:It might take a few days for your body to fully adapt to the time change, so be patient and give yourself time to adjust.
6. Timely Reminders:Set a reminder for yourself a few days before the switch to ensure you don’t forget to change your clocks.
Daylight savings brings a refreshing change to our daily routines, offering more time to savor the beauty of the season. So, mark your calendars, adjust your clocks, and get ready to make the most of the longer evenings in Victoria!